Sunday, June 12, 2011

So Many Reasons To Be Grateful, I Wish I Spoke Several Languages

"Life is good," is what I keep playing over and over in my head. I am grateful. I have no complaints and even when I could have, I chose to be grateful for what I didn't have a complaint about. It feels like life is falling into place. Not just falling into place, but the day to day living has been enhanced with good company, good conversations, fighting for my hearts desires, painting, working with/for family, and getting to spend time with people that listen and know the core of me; why I operate the way I do.

A close family member was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and although waking up in this reality can be hard for her, she has still managed to find the pros in this sneak attack and conjure up a smile. Life is still young for her and there are so many reasons that depression could easily set in and begin to spread, but that is not the route she has chosen. How foolish would I be to complain of anything.
Keep her in your prayers.

I am currently in the middle of my next painting, which is more of a representation of something much larger. A friend has commissioned me to help decorate her new place with my work and so far she loves what I've come up with. Not good at pricing my work, but doing work for the people I love is so priceless. I should be done with this representation by tomorrow and I'll get it posted.

Just before posting this blog, I finished applying for this call to artists here in Seattle. I began painting like I've been because of it, and I knew I had to get some work together. I had to have at least 8-20 images for them to choose from. Basically the committee is looking for vibrant colors and images that can be seen from near and far. That's me right!? I feel confident that I'll get at least ONE image chosen out of the 8 I sent in. There can be up to 3 images chosen, but I'll take the one. They pay $1000 for each, if chosen.
...and breath.

I am constantly surrounded by art, great people and family. Although my confidence in such areas like who I am, my purpose, my style as an artist, and being the friend/family/confidant/partner that the people around me need me to be, I am confident in knowing that everyday I do the most I can to remain honest when I say, "I am trying."

To you and to me, I am grateful for the role you've played in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laying here at 4 a.m. thinking about life. My children, my work, my inspirations and my friends. This led me to your page; as ive been really feeling like im missing you lately... and here I find these beautiful expressions......just what I needed. You're so amazingly beautiful and brilliant in so many ways. Its an honor....

    ReplyDelete