Monday, June 6, 2011

Go ahead, Get Comfy

The last week or so has been such an emotional roller coaster. Of course there's the ever-present bills that are due and over due, then there's the never-ending fight to maintain and sustain relationships, and at the end of it all, staying hopeful despite what may seem obvious.

It's been about a week since the last painting, but I intend to get started on the next one today. I plan to enter a few of them into this competition for placing art in the community. There is a monetary reward for them, but it's weird because that's what we want ultimately, yet that's not easy for me to succumb to. It's like I have to put a price on this part of me, this extension of myself and hope someone finds it worth their time/money. What am I doing for real?

On another note, I got to do some manual labor over the past two days and make a nice piece of change. It feels like the catching up is coming to an end, and I would like to just get ahead from there.

I saw SAMO last night
in a woman's home.
Hanging there, overexposed
All vulnerable and premature.
I could've touched him,
but he touched me.
As I received each word from his blackboard,
My eyes welled up
I hid behind the balusters
waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment